Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ravished by Roses and all other things French...

I tell you, there's something about the French. They get it right nearly all of the time. I've been obsessing over these fragrance commercials for some time. Sophia Coppola infuses the right amount of pretty things and adds a few drops of sex appeal and coquettish-ness for the Ms. Dior Cherie commercial. Not to mention that I love her color palette of those muted pastels; It is so up my alley... I want to be Maryna Linchuk; I want to be 'that' girl: I want to run in Dior couture with vintage lemon yellow sunnies and ride my bike and play with balloons all to eventually take off in flight holding said balloons into the Parisian sky...



And then there's Kate in the newest video for YSL Parisienne...So magnificently and beautifully done...Kate Moss rocks in every manifestation imagine-able. That smokey eye, the color desaturation, the exhibitionism...And those roses...YUM!


This is an older commercial for Parisienne but still with that iconic chicness that is undoubtedly French...


These commercials all work for me because they successfully create an imaginary yet seemingly tangible world based off of good imagery, graphics and sound that would make me want to get to the nearest boutique to smell them in person. That, my friends, is good, effective advertising...

No comments:

Post a Comment