Monday, June 13, 2011

What I'm loving right now...meaning what I've been using on shoots these past few weeks

NARS Highlighting Blush in New Order:

NARS New Order Highlighting Blush 

(No relation of course to the amazing 80's band, although its cool quotient is right up there with it.)I'm using New Order blush on its own, but also on top of other blushes.  It's a soft light pink thats got a dual shimmer/glitter particle to it (gold & silver) so I like it to not only add just a bit of kick to the cheekbones via a subtle highligh, but also to slightly tone down colors that are a bit stronger if I so desire...

Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara:
Clinique Bottom lash mascara
Loving the brush on this...It just may replace my Maybeline Lash Discovery mascara, as the size of that brush is one of the main reasons why I used that mascara anyway...If you want a mascara that fits perfectly underneath the lower lash line, this is it. Just tuck it up and in there...Its also great to get those stubborn little baby lashes at the inner corners of the eye that bulkier brushes sometimes cannot reach. I like the black/brown (it's more black than brown but not as black as their black) as it's delicate yet define-able enough for use in both of the aforementioned areas...


NARS Sheer Glow Foundation:
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation 
I needed a new foundation for myself and since I only ever use liquid on myself I was drawn to this one. It's lightweight but more importantly its sheer but builds easily and has an impressive shade range. It also doesn't rub off (which is crucial during humid summers) and gives a nice natural finish to the skin: Not matte unless you powder it, not so shiny if left unpowdered. Wearing this, my skin has a FLAWLESS quality about it and I have no problem saying that I already have good skin to begin with. It's now also added it into my kit as a liquid foundation. (You know I'm first and foremost a cream girl when working so I needed a liquid foundation alternative to OCC Skin Tint). I also loves that it doesn't have any SPF...

MAC Lipstick in Growing Trend:
MAC Growing Trend lipstick

I know, I know. I can't believe it either as usually all of the shades of MAC lipstick that I used to be fond of, have long since been discontinued and buried in the makeup graveyard of the beauty beyond. I was initially looking for Moxie lipstick off of a Back to Mac return that I had for a beauty story I was shooting. It was a gorgeous shade of magenta/fucshia and it was matte as all heck...seriously whatever wasn't kaolin in that product was pigment, but alas, it no longer exists. So... I exchanged my empties for this shade of warm putty, cement-y nude beige instead. I've been using it on shoots all this week....Beware though, this color only looks good on VERY specific skin types. More likely than not, unless your SUPER fair, it's not going to be yours but its genius nonetheless and in my kit it shall remain, at least for now...

*All pictures in this post courtesy of their respective brands

No comments:

Post a Comment