Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bombay the Hard Way, Resurrected....

It's so surprising what treasures the internet holds: To preface, in all professional honesty, I probably should have started blogging months ago...It was an idea first kicked around several months ago at the Air India terminal at JFK with my stylist friend Jersey.

My parents (gotta love mom and dad) dropped me to JFK for what was to be a 10 day work/job trip in Mumbai, India and I told them that I would keep in touch etc. via daily computer updates etc....(mind you, this was all before I knew that Wi-Fi and internet service is SOOOOO not what it is here....neither are toilets, showers, electricity, and taxi's to name a few but that's another blog altogether)

Ankywhoo, our assignment was to shoot ex-model turned #2 Bollywood star Bipasha Basu for Nirvana Woman magazine as not only was it their 'First Annual Bollywood Issue' but it was the launch of the publication in India. What better way to launch it but with Bips, shot with an all international crew!!

Being the seasoned traveler that I am, I normally would have done due diligence in preparations for this trip via Google, but being that I only had 2 days prep time before my departure, the trivial things such as picking up a guidebook and reading some web blogs and just doing some general research got pushed to the side in favor of things like: digging out summer clothes, getting a visa, conquering my luggage and kit dilemmas and filling scripts for malaria and other possible ailments.

I have decided to spare the gory details, in part because I don't want to relive the first 3 days and the pre-production nightmares, but also, to protect the names of the innocent and the not so innocent....I would also like to add, that this trip was made 1000 times easier as the crew was comprised of some of my closest friends.

I will however, say that the shoot day, while tense, (extra fast paced; 5 hours max from prep, clothing changes, to wrap. This folks, mind you, is a generous time frame for a celeb) went off according to plan. Beautiful location (The Taj Land's End), beautiful clothes and jewelry (western and european designers), beautiful talent (Bipasha's gorgeous in case you didn't know, ex model turned actress) and of course a super talented team (ahem, me being included in that). The story was an 8 page fashion spread plus cover. See below for final results:


Nirvana Woman Cover with Bipasha Basu. Photography: James Weber, Styling: Jersey and Satorii Pond, Makeup: Kim Weber



I am also linking to our Zoom TV television interview. It took me from March when I returned, until now to find it and let me just say, that I am happy that you see only a flash of my turquoise tunic and my hand in the very beginning, as I was a humid, sweaty, jet lagged mess on that day. I am thankful that the folks at the network cut out my on camera interview. Bipasha looks flawless and camera ready as she should. Me on the other hand, let's just say, I could blackmail myself with the visual.... href="http://www.zoomtv.in/view/news/bips-international-cover-girl-0

Special super duper kudos and Thanks goes out to Arunesh...and he knows why!!

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment