Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Britney Spears, Access Hollywood, Agent Provacateur, Kim Weber Connection...

This morning I went down to the seductive and girlie Agent Provocateur boutique on Mercer St. in Soho. Firstly, I swoon and feign every time I pass by so I was happy that I got to be apart of the goings on there this today...Ok, Let me start off by saying that NO, I did not do Britney Spears' makeup this morning, but I did do Kendra's makeup modeling Britney Spears tour looks at AP for a quick television spot this morning.

Access Hollywood was coming to film a segment for one of their upcoming shows: A piece on Britney Spears' Circus Tour wardrobe as her stylists outfitted her in several Agent Provocateur pieces.

One of several wardrobe sketches for Britney's Circus Tour by DSquared

If you're not familiar with Agent Provocateur, they are the perfect mainstay of any lingerie wardrobe; the ultimate in classic, feminine and timeless high end lingerie: deliciously opulent and designed with both the boardroom and the boudoir in mind. Think of spying through a keyhole in a boudoir or a dressing room in the 1940's and you've got the look of the Agent Provocateur woman. Kudos to the Britney camp by the way, for giving this girl one fierce wardrobe for her comeback tour. If you're gonna do it, do it right!

I made Kendra our model for the segment into a classic 1940's beauty; very pin-up, very signature AP. The look that I created for her featured deep perfectly coiffed side parted waves in her hair and soft matte skin. I applied a palette of soft satiny gray eye shadows on her lids, liquid eyeliner winged out in black with false lashes (a must!) and completed the look with the perfect red pout. While I do not always incorporate lip pencils into my makeup looks, it's definitely a must when it comes to creating a flawless red mouth. I also accentuated Kendra's brows slightly to give them a bit more strength. One thing to note: My makeup and hair job was definitely out shined today with the racy and naughty AP getup's that she was modeling and I was all fine with that!


Below: Kendra, giving a half bedroom smirk



Above, the makeup in detail: On eyes: Guerlain Divinora Quad eye palette, Jemma Kidd Black liquid eyeliner, Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara, (False lashes) On Cheeks: Shu Uemura glow on M33e, Lips: Smashbox lipliner, Bourjois Rouge Best 15 lipstick. This look is a bit more powdery than normal as shine, and even sheen for that matter, do not look good on television.



Above: Kendra modeling the Fifi and Cendrillon Collections from Agent Provocateur. Behind the scenes & behind the camera during the segment...literally (I was hiding in a dressing room). Kendra and Scarlett On-Air for Access Hollywood.




Britney Spears onstage for her Circus tour in a modified Cendrillon Agent Provocateur look

photo: courtesy of Splash News Online

I'll do my best to track down the segment once it airs and post it here. It was a super cool day and the girls that work there are amazing! Super hospitable, passionate about AP lingerie, accomodating and very helpful. I went shopping when all was said and done and enjoyed every attentive moment of their service. Thanks ladies!



I couldn't resist a snapshot of some goodies in the fitting room for my try on session!
I walked away with a few of these little numbers....


No comments:

Post a Comment