Sunday, March 15, 2009

4 Things I'm Loving right now...

...and what you should probably start loving too...

I'm loving the products below, and decided to share them with you by giving them some blog love.

1.) Diopticalm Anti Fatigue soothing Balm for the eyelids: Courtesy of our friends at Lierac. Models oftentimes have very sensitive eyes. They also remove their makeup more times in a day then the average person. This soothing and calming eye balm is the perfect product. Its smooth thin texture does not interfere with makeup application and it is fast to absorb. It hydrates and calms at the same time and can also be applied and left to sit on the skin sort of like an eyemask. I love all of the eyecreams from Lierac, but this one I find is the one that I use the most, especially when I am backstage at shows. Something else to note is the small convenient size, perfect for not taking up too much room in my kit....


2.) Vincent Longo Hydro Sticks...I'm actually a bit late on my love affair here as I've been using other highlighting sheen type products and have recently fallen in love with these even more since I've started using them on myself... What I like about them, and what I feel gives them the edge over other products in this same category is that they actually stay put!!! Sheen products can have the tendency to slip and slide, especially when they are in stick form (as vs. powder). Since these contain water, they last longer. Let moi explain: when the water evaporates upon application it leaves behind only the sheen and color. As it edges closer and closer (me hopes) to the warmer weather months, I fall in love all over again with products like these as their staying power is amazing. Put it on, build it to the consistency you want and forget it. I'm all smiles about that!


3.) Skindinavia Stage & Set Makeup Finish (pro only) and Mineral Makeup Finish: I've discussed my admiration and appreciation for Skindinavia before. These 2 makeup finishing sprays are brand new to the Skindinavia lineup. So new in fact, that they are still not widely available. The folks over at Skindinavia always seem to have the perfect blend of science, technology and overall product performance combined with the needs of makeup artists down pat. Both products set the makeup, improve overall long term wearability, and even help to cut down on the amount of times that the makeup needs to be touched up. The finishes are further broken down by speciality: one for the demands of HD (pro-only), the other, for mineral makeup which is all the rage right now. Since the mineral makeup finish is more consumer friendly and more widely available, note that it is designed to be used both as a primer and a finisher. It's formula includes a proprietary blend of six hydrating moisturizers to counteract dryness and control that excessive powdery appearance. Its unique pigment dispersion system acts like an airbrush to blend colors naturally and eliminate smudging and flaking (a must for those of you who use mineral makeup). Both of these products have been tried and tested by moi and trust: They do not disappoint. I've used them numerous times since I've gotten them, most recently on a job where I was booked half day and the makeup needed to hold up until the end of the day, long after I was gone.


4.) Boots Original Formula Cuticle Oil in Rose: Boots has launched this updated classic formula for its 16oth anniversary. This nail oil is smoothing and conditioning as it contains rose and jojoba oils. It's lightweight, sinks in quickly and keeps my cuticles (which can become raggedy within a few hours if left unattended) in check. I also like the eyedropper delivery system. Since I work with my hands, I usually avoid manicures as they just aren't very practical unless I have a few days off in a row. I find that this stuff truly keeps my fingertips, nails and cuticles in check and looking polished (no pun intended, or perhaps maybe???) That's important since my hands are usually always snapped in photos. I also find the rose scent delicious, as is the apothecary vintage inspired packaging.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment