Friday, June 5, 2009

New Advertising!!!

 NYC and her skyline was the backdrop for my advertising shoot. I had not done a men's grooming job in a while, so it was cool to be able to do a guys 'makeup' for a change...



There is a science to good men's grooming. Unless specifically directed, they are to NEVER look like they are wearing makeup. So, product selection and application and know how is paramount. For effective basic grooming, I find a few things essential: Cosmedicine Medi-Matte spray, a moisturizing lip balm that is not too glossy in finish, (I like the Shu Uemura SPF 15 Lipbalm sorry guys, it's discontinued or the Nuxe honey lipbalm), a product to mattify the skin (I have several favorites that I use depending on the model and his skintype) and a loose powder to keep the shine at bay and in check. I go about skin prep for men, the same way that I do women, sometimes skipping the Embryolisse for a more matted, thinner feeling moisturizer. A favorite male specific moisturizer of mine is Clarinsmen Moisture Gel.  I also pack several other things in my kit which may, or may not be necessary but it always pays to be over prepared. The other lovely thing is that I can usually put everything that I need into a cute little tote bag. I welcome any job that allows me to lighten my load!





Joe

Thank goodness that it didn't rain until we finished the last shot outside! Yay for mother nature and her cooperation...

No comments:

Post a Comment