Monday, August 23, 2010

Little did I know...

that when this song came out in 1984, that I would find it extremely applicable to my blog posting in 2010, some 25+ years later...


I got a new 'makeup kit' today...After several weeks of research (I have extreme specifics when it comes to makeup kits) I finally found pretty much everything thatI was looking for. My list of requirements for my kit is a bit lengthy and specific (20" max, lightweight, expandable, not hard-sided but with a hard 'frame', several internal compartments not just one big open cavity, durable zippers, external pockets, extra extension on the telescoping handle, durable heavy duty corner protection, a durable kick plate, a good warranty, comes with, top, side & preferably bottom handles, smooth durable even wheels well mounted in their casters, available in a color other than black...yadda yadda...)  Yep, 4 wheels, all mounted on casters so that if I wanted, I could spin 'round round like a record player' just like Dead or Alive says. And thats exactly what I got... 

ph. courtesy of Samsonite

My new Samsonite 22" spinner makes maneuvering throughout the city, airports and studios so much easier as now I've transferred the majority of the strain of dragging/ pulling my kit to the actual bag itself by sliding/ pushing it along. I couldn't be happier. Hopefully that also means that I will eventually overcome my guilt of temporarily straying from my favorite brand of luggage which is Travelpro...but hey, they don't make 'spinners'...YET...

Oh, PS: I can also attach my Zuca backpack to the handle if need be for those rare occasions that I have to do light hair...So, If you will, please excuse me as I'm going to go and spin right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment