Friday, November 19, 2010

Victorias Secret 2010

This is my second year doing the Victorias Secret Fashion show. It's always a ton of fun and a lot of hard work...A few changes from last year in the lineup:  more high fashion supermodels are walking, to we welcome a whole new influx of Brazilian Beauties and the main news of the return of Alessandra Ambrosio, Karolina Kurkova & Adriana Lima, back on the runway with their fabulous post baby bodies...It's hard doing makeup, running around backstage doing touchups and trying to take photos so I had to document this year with my camera phone and when time and my hands could permit, my regular camera (thats an apology in advance as there may be some resolution issues)...Regardless, I hope that you guys enjoy!

Upon entering the venue,  I was greeted by some familiar sights: a selection of this years Angel wings on display....

...and then passed by the main stage featuring: "Wild Things"- One of the numerous Victorias Secret sets for this years show... The set/production teams starts the actual physical transformation of the venue about 3 weeks prior...
....and upstairs, the model board of who's walking this year...
...And Tom demo-ing the on Lily Aldrige...The look this year was a bit more approachable and girl next-door ish

                                            
Selita Ebanks & Anja Rubik, 'VS-i-fied' by moi in final makeup...
                                          
No VS show is ever complete without the requisite hair extensions....



and Selita  & the other angels blowing kisses....

Do you think that we could pass for sisters??? I mean, at least I don't look as bad as I did in last years candid shot. She's camera ready, I'm not...sigh...
Bling, the real stuff & pictures of how to style and wear it...
First timers: Gracie Carvalho, Fabiana Semprebom and Lais Ribeiro. Not only do they have their first time strutting for VS in common, they're also all brazilian...
The model board in the dressing area broken down by sections...

Shannon with her 'crosse' stick...

Shoes belonging to Candice Swanepoel...
...and Adriana (no last name required)...

As always there was a ton of lacy, sheer, body conscious blingy sparkly things but this year there was a welcome addition of studs:


a closeup of the skull epaulette on Adriana's opening number...
Backstage, the spikes Rosie's wings almost took out my eye...no joke!!

All in all, a ton of fun, even though somebody or somebodies, stole my schwag bag. I came back after the second show taping and Poof! It was all gone...

It will be cool to see how it all comes together and how they firm up the edits....
I swear though that there must be a conspiracy because every time the show airs, I'm out of town travelling back and don't have an access to a television while I'm in transit. Therefore, barring a miracle, I won't be catching it the first time around. The Victorias Secret Fashion show airs on November 30th, 2010 on CBS. If you want more behind the scenes photos and teasers go here for all access...

No comments:

Post a Comment