Monday, February 13, 2012

The Row Presentation Fall 2012

The Fall 2012 presentation for The Row was every bit as chic and tailored as The Carlyle hotel, the venue it was held in. Tom Pechaux designed a makeup look inspired by Americana for The Row's Fall 2012 presentation: Channel the late Jacqueline Bisset Kennedy fresh, youthful & natural. Sunday Riley products were used to create the look which was great because that meant that I got to use that genius Effortless Tinted Primer again. I was also quite impressed by their Liquid Light foundation!  If necessary, brows were lightly groomed with neutral shadows depending on the girl, a light coat of mascara on the lashes, soft blush and a natural gloss swiped on the lips...

Makeup and Hair inspiration for Fall '12






OOOH! I spy Sunday Riley Effortless Breathable Tinted Primer ;-)
Another reason why I love this stuff so much is that I can apply it with my hands; It's the perfect link between the skincare in this line and the makeup line. 

 Cailin in final makeup at The Row

Chic hair knots courtesy of the great Odile Gilbert, her team & Kerastase

This collection, was BEYOND; the perfect mix of downtown cool girl chic meets uptown tailoring and luxury and the natural makeup and polished hair completed the aesthetic accordingly. I wish that I was able to snap pictures of some of the clothes which was a journey in luxurious textures:  rich fur (mink tops & panels on dresses), cashmere, leather, and sheers; great shapes, timeless clothes with a twist, but since the prep space was so small I couldn't...


Today was such an early day, so I'm going to sign off now and try to catch up on some rest. I'll see you guys at Ralph Lauren!


No comments:

Post a Comment