Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Go See & Be Seen...

I had a day full of castings today to find the perfect girl for an upcoming beauty shoot. For those of you who don't know, I go about casting by first contacting the agencies and reviewing the packages that they send to me. Then, from those, I narrow down the girls that I would like to see, if any, for an in person casting/go see. The girls come in, I look at their books, polaroid them and narrow down even further. I will equate it to the director who is looking for the star; you know it when you see it. There are a ton of things to look for during the castings which are usually very short, (less than 5 minutes in duration) so being organized and not straying from the concept is essential. It's also great as well to see what girls are new in town (great exposure for new faces to be introduced to us) and especially for beauty (which is what this was for) I need to get a look at the skin up close and personal; I don't play that fix it in photoshop bit. If you can make it as perfect as possible from the beginning, why wouldn't you???



No comments:

Post a Comment