Friday, May 8, 2009

Tar Babies!!!!!!

I got home today and was thinking about how there are so many things in my makeup pot that are brewing and that I feel are blog-able, but cannot at this time due to various reasons or another. Just as I was thinking about writing an apology entry, I had my attention diverted by a package that my postman left for moi.....(drumroll enter here: ___....) my OCC Lip Tars finally arrived!!!!

My OCC Liptars in the 'Shwag Bag'...still in the shipping box

My friend David is the genius behind Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and these fabulous Lip Tars! As with the rest of the OCC makeup line, their promise to "commit to innovation both in color and texture as well as concept and selection" holds true with these newest additions. Lip Tars combine the longevity of lipstick with the ease and application of a gloss. Super glossy, super saturated in color, long wearing and drying down to a moisturizing satiny finish. Yum. And, not only do they come in a variety of colors that remind me of Skittles, but they come with super cool names like: Grandma and Feathered! Yum again!

As a makeup artist, I've nearly seen it all, as far as products are concerned, so its extra nice when something like this comes along and since I've been doing makeup for a long time, it's rare that I add 'new' things to my permanent kit (restock and replace yes; the addition of an entirely new product lineup, usually no), but, these have made the exception cut. Into the kit they go! Thanks David for creating Lip Tars to make me swoon, and to play with, and to create pretty pictures with, but also for reminding me that I've not seen ALL that all has to offer!

The OCC Lip Tar lineup

OCC Lip Tars as well as the rest of the fabulous OCC makeup collection are available online at www.occmakeup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment