Saturday, July 18, 2009

White-Out

When I was in 5th grade and bored in class, I used to paint my nails with White Out, or ahem, at that time, I think it was called Liquid Paper.  I liked the opacity but the finish of it sucked and my 'manicure' never lasted more than 5 seconds...Mike Potter must have painted his nails with white out too as he's the mastermind makeup artist genius behind KO Knockout Cosmetics.  

I first met Mike and worked with him years ago backstage when he was keying the Rick Owens show. If my memory serves me correctly, this may have even been before he created and designed the hair and makeup for both the stage and movie versions of Hedwig & The Angry Inch. In addition to being a dope makeup artist, he has launched a line of 'flatte' nail polishes that go on opaque and have a matte 'flatte' or no-shine finish. I am LOVING these and am all over them. I can now permanently put the White Out away and stop omitting top coats from my mani's and pedi's in an attempt to get the same effect. As a makeup artist, I'm a purist, meaning the pure-er the color, the better and the no shine finishes on these lacquers really allow for the purity of the pigments and the beauty of the color to be shown off without all of that glossy topcoat hoopla...

I love the actual product but I'm also loving the design and feel of the bottle in my hand too!!! The bottle design sports a sort of victorian art deco feel and has a handle that is longer than most that feels really comfortable in your hand .  The bristles on the brush have a nice bounce and spread to them to allow the color to be applied evenly and effortlessly with just one coat. Leave flatte if you so desire or buff your nails into a satiny finish. Seriously, this nail lacquer is the business folks. Kudos Mike, Kudos...


KoKnockout polishes in: Flatte Black (l) & Powder (r) $19.00 USD each

Visit: KoKnockout cosmetics at their website.


No comments:

Post a Comment