Thursday, January 8, 2009

Inkblots at my tips

You know they do one at least every season. And, sadly, some of you sit on the side and wait until it's to late to get yours. You will only have yourselves to blame this time if you let it happen again. (It's not happening to me, as I own two.) 'Vendetta' nail polish is poised to be the NEW cult nail enamel color of this upcoming season. Launched as a limited edition offering with Chanel's new S/S 09 makeup collection, it's a super opaque and super dark combination of slightly metallic black, navy and purple with the smallest hint of multicolored pink and blue micro-glitter. It actually reads more metallic when far away, and the glitter only shows in natural light, but hey, I'm a makeup artist, I scrutinize color down to the finest detail. This color reminds me of a rorschach inkblot or an old school felt tipped pen whose color wavers somewhere between dark navy, black and purple all at the same time!

Personally, I think its kind of nice to have this juxtaposition of such a dark nail enamel being offered with a spring color collection. This color goes with any skin tone as well, from the lightest of the light, to the darkest of the dark. Ladies and Gentlemen, (yes, this color looks great on trendy boys too), keep those nails short and groomed (I'd recommend a professional manicure) and remember to remove at the FIRST signs of "chipp-age..."


Chanel Limited Edition Nail Polish in 'Vendetta' $23.00

No comments:

Post a Comment