Friday, February 20, 2009

But which Sixties???

For one of my clients fall collections, it was all about the 1960's....but which 60's you ask??? Biba/Barbara Hulanicki 60's? Hippie 60's? I was sent multiple Twiggy inspirations and various screenshots of Sienna Miller in Factory Girl. So, the first question was: how literal do I go about designing the makeup? We could go verbatim 60's, but in the interest of making it more modern and approachable for today and specifically for her target market, I narrowed it down to this: an eye focus, done in a modern way...So although I came loaded down with various white eyeliner pencils and a ton of lower eyelashes, I ended up forgoing them for fear of making the look "too retro". It's about now, influenced by then, see???

Below is how I created 2 different 60's inspired looks on 2 different models while still unifying their makeup look:



On Dre: Face: On eyes: black liner MUFE aquarelle in black , Dior eye shadow "Incognito"palette mixed w/ Face Stockholm matte neutral shadows, Carbon Black Loreal Voluminous Mascara, false lashes. On Cheeks: Stila contour trio (light), Shu Uemura Glow on. Lips: Peachstock (disc. sorry guys) Eyebrows are just brushed up as her natural shape was so pretty...


On Anna: Eyes: Black eye kohl mixed into a Jemma Kidd smoky chocolate brown/black color (sorry guys, I don't know the shade name???) on top and the same color applied 3/4 underneath. A soft neutral shimmer was applied at the inner corners, a creamy flesh toned liner on the waterline and a dense short lash on the top (as oppossed to Dre's spiky, wispy top lashes), soft peach mixed with light Dior bronzer for a blush on cheeks and Peachstock lipstick....Eyebrows here are also kept natural....

Both looks were kept fresh and preserved with the new Skindinavia Stage & Set Makeup Finish! A new addition to the fabulous lineup of 2009 Skindinavia skin finishing mists that are not yet widely available. I have discussed Skindinavia in a prior post, and while I am still testing this newest addition out, I'm pretty positive that I'm falling in love with it, but more about that later as I will address it in another blog post...

No comments:

Post a Comment