Monday, February 2, 2009

Polaroids and Packages and Workshops!!! Oh My!!!!

To sort of catch you guys up, it's that time of year, where folks are back from the holiday break, awards show/Red Carpet season begins anew, shooting begins again, and we all wait the arrival of NYFW. With the approaching Fashion Week, my favorite part is previewing all of the lovely new faces and development girls that come into town and that are available to shoot, even if its only for a week!!!! I am excited to see what polaroids and packages come into my inbox! I've done some great castings with my favorite photographer & friend and have several well planned and target market specific shoots lined up. I am excited to get a jump on these and will post the process once the ball gets rolling.

In the meantime, while waiting for my next crop of projects to either hit the printer and publications or go through the final rounds of the editing process, I will share some behind the scenes work that I did with veteran model Martina (super cool Slovakian chick with an even cooler Slovakian original vintage communist army jacket) for a photography workshop given by award winning veteran photographer & lighting expert: Joe McNally







Model: Martina, H/MU: Kim Weber



I like the feeling in this shot, and decided to take a snapshot of the digital capture. Martina in the 2nd to last makeup look of the day.


cappuccino provided by Hector @ Shootdigital (Thanks...)

As evidenced by the photos, we started off a bit softer, natural and more commercial, and progressed into more dramatic/ editorial looks as the day, and the workshop went on. They enjoyed watching me transform and morph Martina from one character to the next with the makeup changes and I ended the day on a makeup high note: super smokey green eyes with a peachy nude lip. The photographers wanted something fun and edgy to play around with for their last look. Yummy cappuccino from the studio and a delicious veggie quiche from Balthazar kept up the spirits and energy! This was one of the coolest workshops that I've been a part of in a long time. Joe's attendees were super cool, humble and appreciative! It's nice to have days such as these....For more information on Joe McNally's work and his photography workshops, please visit his website: www.JoeMcNally.com or drop by his blog as he will be documenting this workshop from the photography and lighting perspective: www.joemcnally.com/blog

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment